Sunday 20 March 2011

Oven Hot: Banana Pound Cake!

I had some banana's laying around that were going to go bad if I didn't do something with them..  So, this is what i made. 

Banana Pound Cake
















This was the first cake my mum taught me to make. I think I was 10 or 12. This recipe is super duper easy. I can it the "fail proof cake". Basically, this is the simple pound cake recipe only with a twist, there many variation you can try out.

Anyways, this is the basic pound cake recipe:
Equal parts of butter, sugar, eggs and flour.


Basic Pound Cake:
For 8 inch baking tin:
125g Butter- soft, room temperature
125g Castor Sugar
125g Eggs
125g Flour

*Preheat oven at 170 degree Celsius.
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (Till the batter look "whitish")
2. Stir in eggs little by little until throughly mixed.
3. Fold in the flour until just mixed. (Do not very mix)
4. Pour into greased baking tin and bake until toothpick comes out clean in the center, about 20mins. Turn the cake tin after 10mins so that the cake will bake evenly.

~Banana Pound Cake
Just before pouring the batter into the tin, I lined the bottom of the tin with sliced bananas. Then evenly cover the bananas with the batter.
After the cake is baked let it cool, invert it and glaze it with the jam of your choice.

 
Let me know if you ever try it! 

2 comments:

  1. this is like my chocolate marble cake recipe..fail-proof too :p
    i think red velvet cupcake more suitable for wedding la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. JV tried it.. it's been proven, "FAIL PROOF" lol..

    ReplyDelete