Thursday 24 March 2011

My First! Pair of Spectacles

Today is a milestone in my life!

I did my first... wait for it... fitting of a FULL FRAME! yay!!
My first full frame, this marks the beginning of my long and *boring* journey through life as an optometrist. Just the first of the many many more to come (hopefully).

My first frame is a recycled metal frame with screws missing. I had to dismantle 2 other frames to get the correct sized screws! hehe.. scarifies have to be made.

The lenses used were rather thick,
OD: -5.00/-1.25x70
OS: ???

LOL I got too excited and forgot the power of the other side.
It was a rather large frame with a PD of 69, I had to decenter the lens 2mm in and 2mm up to get the wanted PD. hehe.

All in all it was a good beginning.

ps.I swear I thought the edger was going to blow! bla.

1 comment: