Thursday 10 October 2013

My time for Change..

Earlier this year, on my birthday may I add, the majority of the country voted for change. 
Demanded really, for reformation.

Of course, I did my part and was late for work. 

As expected, change does not come easy. It's a long and painful process. 

Since my move to Mont Kiara, I've had more time on my hands to think about what I want to do with my life. But to no veil, I still have no idea what I want. At least I've come up with a bucket list. 

It starts off with pretty standard stuff (travel Europe, learn a foreign language, visit every state in Malaysia, earn lots of money etc) and then it comes to my weight... bla.. My ongoing battle with it. 

Early this year my boss was obsessed with sending me pictures of before/after extreme workout/dieting people. It did absolutely nothing to motivate me but made me self conscious.

Looking back now, maybe it did motivate me.

Just this month Standard Charter held its annual run. I was pretty tempted to join. My friends were asking each other if they were joining but nobody asked me. In my mind I thought they were probably just concerned that I would have hindered their “marathon” pace/progression. This at first made me quite upset until recently.

Two and a half week ago I woke up and thought to myself. It’s time to stop being fat.

So far in the last two and a half week I’ve covered 37km and have started counting calories.

Some days I’m crazy happy that I am able to stay within calories count; some days I just want to indulge in a juicy burger with fries and soft drink.

The days when I workout and feel my whole body ache leaves me feeling proud. It makes me feel like I’ve doing it “right”. Since everyone knows, “no pain no gain”.

Most days, I just think I am going crazy. Perhaps this is my mid-life crisis.


I just hope I can keep this up.     

No comments:

Post a Comment